Are you a natural project manager, comfortable managing diverse stakeholders to reach a desired outcome?
When I say continuous improvement do you think - where do I sign up?
Diabetes Australia is the national body for people affected by all types of diabetes and those at risk. Committed to reducing the impact of diabetes, Diabetes Australia delivers the crucial National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) - an initiative of the Australian Government aimed at enhance the capacity of people with diabetes to understand and self-manage their condition.
Having signed on for an additional program term through to June 30 2024, Diabetes Australia is now looking for the perfect person to focus on the evaluation of this important scheme.
A brand-new position, the NDSS Scheme Evaluation Manager (Manager) will lead the engagement with the national evaluation provider, working systematically across all aspects of the Scheme with respect to evaluation and continuous improvement. Working closely with NDSS Agents and internal stakeholders, the Manager will ensure the evaluation program meets agreed program logic and evaluation of all agreed NDSS programs and services.
Critical to any evaluation function is feedback and communication. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring outcomes of evaluation activities are communicated and understood across key stakeholder groups, also ensuring recommendations for improvement to Scheme programs and services are agreed and implemented.
This role is all about collaborating with the Diabetes Australia management team to deliver the following key responsibilities:
- contract management for the national evaluation provider [provider] including monitoring of performance against contracted deliverables; delivery of outcomes against agreed milestones and regular progress and performance meetings
- provide the necessary direction, documentation and feedback to the provider as well as reviewing all outputs
- establish suitable evaluation governance arrangements to ensure the evaluation program is transparent and aligns with the broader NDSS environment, and that stakeholders and management are kept informed of evaluation progress with regular meetings and updates
- support provider with collation of feedback on evaluation reporting and ensure draft reports are circulated to stakeholders and feedback is consolidated
- manage internal data systems and processes, including providing analysis and support to the provider
- conduct other acute evaluation projects to support with the overall evaluation function (including specific feedback sessions with targeted groups and NDSS Agents and others)
- develop and execute internal stakeholder management plans, including stakeholders to engage, identified issues, methods, updates and frequency consistent with the agreed evaluation framework and approach
- develop processes to include ongoing feedback from all relevant workstreams in the evaluation process and provide support with identifying other projects that address feedback and program logic outcomes
- develop internal feedback system to integrate into evaluation process and manage on an ongoing basis that satisfies program logic outcomes and share lessons learned
- adjust the evaluation approach and data collection processes as circumstances evolve or new technology becomes available
- ensure all project and evaluation risks are identified and managed
- undertake other activities and tasks as directed
Experience in the health sector is desirable, but an ability to quickly acquire the knowledge will be highly regarded if you have extensive evaluation experience.
What's in it for you?
Apart from the fact that you are working with a team of dedicated individuals who all love working in a non-profit environment to enhance the lives of over 1.3 million Australians, you will also receive a salary package in the range of $120,000 - $130,000 including 10% super. As a charitable organisation, you will have access to the FBT tax benefits.
While this is ideally a full-time role, for the right person we would be happy to look at a 0.8 FTE part-time arrangement.
If this sounds like your thing then please apply today! We will be assessing applications as they come in and referring them for interviews so please don't delay. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a full job description or call Alex on 0468554655 for a confidential discussion.