Our client is seeking to engage candidates who have a demonstrated experience in researching policy options, testing and analysing policy implications whilst drafting advice to Ministers and other key stakeholders.
You will have the scope to work independently under very broad direction, utilising your professional judgment to make sound decisions, factoring in risks and being sensitive to the context and high pressured environment.
The role will include:
- the development and ability to interpret policy in a specialised area of work that requires extensive understanding and consideration of highly sensitive organisational and public policy issues;
- providing high level analysis of issues and develop policies and strategies to manage, prepare and coordinate complex inputs to policy formulation to achieve broad agency objectives;
- preparing, reviewing and advising on policy proposals, briefing papers, speeches, Ministerial correspondence, Cabinet submissions and discussion papers for presentation to senior staff;
- providing specialist and/or strategic policy advice to internal and external stakeholders, the Executive and the Minister on complex matters in areas of specialisation;
- liaison, consultation and negotiations with other government, industry and community groups on a range of more complex policy and whole-of government accounting and reporting framework issues.
- plan, implement, monitor and evaluate policy initiatives, including strategic policy development for the agency.
Please outline the level of Negative Vetting Security clearance you hold in your application as this is a mandatory requirement for the position.
For more information on the application process, contact Shannon at Elliott Gray on 02 6176 3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org