The Data Engineer will play a leading role in establishing the structure and design of large datasets for use by data users in tourism. The Data Engineer will work with the Manager of the Complementary Data, Science and Engagement team to set and achieve key milestones, document processes, and establish governance and privacy guidelines. The role will assist the Manager in educating key stakeholders and data users on the use of the data outputs. The data engineer will be expected to work independently as a specialist and be self-directed while engaging with project participants to provide updates on progress, challenges, and solutions on the path to product delivery.
The Data Engineer is a dedicated position focused on cleaning, merging, designing, and modelling of large and complex datasets. Transforming these large datasets in such a way as to be used for statistical, research and analysis activities to provide key information to assist the industry achieve the Thrive 2030 goals.
The Data Engineer will:
- Clean and merge large datasets from disparate third-party sources
- Offer advice on the design and formatting of large and complex datasets where outputs will be used for a range of purposes
- Undertake the work to implement the design and data format
- Assist the Manager in communicating progress in achieving key milestones towards product delivery including trouble shooting and solutions for key challenges
- Implement documentation for the project including processes and procedures, data mapping and meta data files
- Implement advanced modelling techniques to enhance the dataset
- Assist the manager with the design and implementation of data governance and privacy issues
- Assist the manager with the development and delivery of educational guidelines/documents for data users
If you would like to find out more information, please contact Nick on 0422 243 365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org