To stand out from the rest you will present with strong written and communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate and interact with internal and external stakeholders on a range of policy development initiatives.
Initial contract is until 30 June 2021, with options for two extensions up to 6 months.
As the EL1 Strategic Policy Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Producing evidence-based policy advice, discussion papers, legislation, Cabinet submissions and New Policy Proposals to support the establishment of the task force.
- Work with internal and external technical experts and other writers to:
- develop concise and clear advice to the senior executive, and
- draft related Ministerial briefs for the Minister for Resources and Northern Australia.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate strong communication skills, including communicating sensitively and collaborating effectively with stakeholders including task force staff, departmental executive and representatives of other departments
- present with strong written skills and ability to deliver high quality work including policy position papers, Cabinet submissions and New Policy Proposals, briefings and other products as required
- have experience in developing legislation and associated materials
- be experienced leading policy development activities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; and
- be resilient, self-driven and comfortable working fluidly to accommodate competing priorities, and time critical processes.
- Current Baseline Security Clearance or higher.
Apply now to secure a place in our limited response capacity as this position closes at 4pm Sunday 15th November 2020
Contact Shannon at Elliott Gray on 02 6176 3430 for more information.