In the role of Assistant Director, Stakeholder Engagement and Communications, you will be responsible for the management and development of a stakeholder engagement and communications strategy to support the operation of a Health Program, including the development of communication products and campaigns, and provision of communications advice within a Government program context.
You will be required to demonstrated strong APS experience at the EL1 level within Strategic stakeholder engagement, coordination, and communications. Complimented by the ability to interpret and translate relevant Policies with external Stakeholders.
- Lead the development of a strategic, consumer-focused stakeholder engagement and communications strategy to support the operation of the Health Program.
- Develop campaign and communication products, supporting assets and online content for a range of audiences and applications.
- Provide strategic communications advice, horizon scanning and media monitoring to the Director and senior leaders.
- Conduct a review of existing the Program’s web content and contemporise the approach and content in partnership with the Department’s communications team.
- Prepare high-quality correspondence, briefing, minutes, media releases, talking points and reports ranging in complexity and tailored to the audience.
- Undertake relevant analysis and interpret research to support this work.
- Build and sustain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven public-sector program communication and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communication campaigns, strategies and all forms of supporting content.
- Experience in interpreting and applying policy analysis and research findings in a communications context.
- Outstanding written communication skills, including the ability to prepare briefing, reports, minutes, media releases, speeches, correspondence and high-quality visual presentations in a Government context.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the confident preparation and delivery of presentations to senior and external audiences.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the health policy environment, the Health Program and maintain an in-depth knowledge of relevant stakeholders and their expectations.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a demonstrated ability to establish and attain team goals, meet deadlines, work under pressure, influence positive outcomes and lead and motivate others.
- Display and encourage resilience, flexibility, excellent judgement and a continuous improvement approach.
- Supervise and develop staff undertaking communication and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Represent the department at inter-departmental meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Strategic stakeholder engagement and communications experience in a public sector context.
- A baseline security clearance.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, experience in Government service delivery and public policy and/or experience managing people will be well regarded.
This position closes on Thursday 10th September 2020.
Contact Shannon on 02 6176 3430 for more information.