What will you be doing?
As the Governance and Performance Manager, you will effectively:
- Deliver the departments annual performance reporting including Corporate Plan and Annual Report.
- Lead and oversee Audit Committee activities including provision of papers, reports and briefings on relevant topics to the Executive Board, Audit Committee, Chief Finance Officer, and other committees or individuals.
- Manage the departments Risk Management Framework, identify emerging risks and issues, consider their implications, and propose solutions.
- Oversee Commonwealth performance management legislation and policies and associated internal policies, controls and compliance regimes.
- Independently and confidently provide significant and detailed advice on governance, accountability and performance issues.
- Maintain strategic awareness of Commonwealth policies and legislation that affect Finance, Procurement and Assurance Team’s products and services.
- Educate the departments personnel in correct decision-making practices.
- Manage staff as directed by the Chief Finance Officer.
- Experience with Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management and Fraud Control.
- Tertiary qualifications in risk management, governance, fraud control, business continuity and/or Insurance, especially as they relate to public sector management.
- Membership of professional organisations involved in risk management or risk related activities, systems of internal control and/or performance reporting.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth legislation and policies such as (PGPA Act and PGPA Rule).
- NV1 Security Clearance required.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Nick on 0422 243 365 or email email@example.com