Your opportunity to join this business sits in the team who work directly with leading Australian organisations to provide technical advice, logistics and supply chain support, program and project management, and learning solutions.
Your New Role
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for business development to Australian Federal Government agencies, particularly Defence, to identify, qualify and capture new business opportunities for growth.
Excitingly, this is a newly created role where you will be responsible for paving the way. So alongside the BD strategy and execution, you will also take the lead in establishing the associated governance and processes to support this function.
Specific tasks include:
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify, qualify and capture new business opportunities
- Develop capture plans and lead or support the development of solutions that meet client requirements whilst ensuring that delivery remains cost-effective/financially competitive within acceptable risk parameters
- Build extensive networks in the Australian Defence sector to increase awareness of current and planned future market offerings
- Establish and maintain enduring, inclusive relationships and communication with key Defence stakeholders
- Represent the organisation at various Defence and Defence industry events
- Lead with the development of compelling and compliant proposals and tender responses
- Lead the negotiation and contract relationships with partners and subcontractors necessary to capture selected business opportunities.
- Provide input into current and long-term business strategies to enhance the organisation's position in marketplace
In addition to your outstanding ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships, it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing business development campaigns or developing partnerships to deliver complex client outcomes
- A deep understanding of Department of Defence
- Remarkable client management, entrepreneurial and negotiation skills
- Aptitude for identifying new market opportunities and crafting solutions
- Must be an Australian citizen and have at a minimum, a current Baseline security clearance.
This role offers an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and motivated business development manager with effective ability and expertise to develop solutions to meet Defence needs. You will have access to a manager who is supportive and enjoys an open communication and collaborative style. This is a forward-thinking team who understand that the best results come from output management and not micro management. And the cherry, a generous base salary and commission structure!
So waste no time in applying! Send your resume in today so we can chat about your new role asap!