What will you be doing?
As an APS6 Policy Officer, you will be expected to:
- conduct focussed desktop research and analysis (including market and industry analysis) to support timely, evidence-based, high quality policy outcomes, including implementation of the Future Fuels and Vehicles Strategy
- provide analysis and expert advice, including in relation to incorporating new technologies in the road freight sector
- support ministers and the senior executive with high quality written output (e.g. briefing, correspondence and advice)
- work effectively with internal and external stakeholders by participating actively in committees and forums, and developing trust with key individuals and organisations
- manage multiple tasks and the timely completion of projects, including through effective procurement, contract and project management
- support program delivery, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement
- develop, maintain and share sector-specific knowledge.
- experience in briefing and policy development and/or government program/project implementation
- well-developed research, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- excellent written and verbal communication, including an ability to confidently present messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner focusing on key facts/issues/risks in delivering objectives
- ability to develop and maintain productive, trusted relationships and work collaboratively and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- preferably, have technical/data analysis skills and experience.
- Australian Citizenship is a MUST
Apply Now! Or call Taylor Dudley on 0478 043 228 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion about how this role will help you achieve your career goals!