In the role of Senior Policy and Engagement Officer, you will have the opportunity to support policy, stakeholder engagement and communications activities within the context of a significant Government program review. Work collaboratively in a co-design approach with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including other Commonwealth agencies, state and territory Governments, industry, and consumer groups.
Whilst contributing to the review of an Australian Government program that provides life changing support to Australians and working within a high performing taskforce with two eminent independent reviewers.
- Provide policy, stakeholder engagement and communications support to the Health Review Taskforce and Expert Panel.
- Contribute to the review of existing Health Services Program web content and contemporise the approach and content in partnership with the Department’s communications team.
- Prepare high-quality correspondence, briefing, minutes, media releases, talking points and reports ranging in complexity and tailored to the audience.
- Undertake relevant analysis and interpret research to support this work.
- Build and sustain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties in line with the APS6 Work Level Standard as directed.
- Proven public-sector policy and program communication and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Experience in interpreting and applying policy analysis and research findings in a stakeholder engagement and communications context.
- Outstanding written communication skills, including the ability to prepare briefing, reports, minutes, media releases, speeches, correspondence, and high-quality visual presentations in a government context.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the confident preparation and delivery of presentations to senior and external audiences.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the relevant policy environment, the Health Services Program and maintain an in-depth knowledge of relevant stakeholders and their expectations.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a demonstrated ability to establish and attain team goals, meet deadlines, work under pressure, influence positive outcomes and lead and motivate others.
- Display and encourage resilience, flexibility, excellent judgement, and a continuous improvement approach.
- A Baseline security clearance.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and program review experience will be well regarded.
This position closes at 4pm Thursday on 17th September 2020.
Contact Shannon on 02 6176 3430 for more information.