Now if your day to day is getting a bit dull, this role promises to capture your attention. As the Senior Finance Officer your primary duties include the management of the asset accounting operations of the office. This includes performing stocktakes, providing finance and procurement training and support to colleagues within the department, and management of the accounts payable function.
A more detailed overview of your workflow includes the following:
- Manage and report on financial transactions and perform general accounting duties including period end processes, journals, income and expense schedules, data imports and exports and reconciliations.
- Develop, improve, implement and maintain departmental policy and procedures and perform operational and reporting tasks in accordance with current legislation and the objectives of the office.
- Build effective working relationships with all stakeholders and assist with the development, management and presentation of effective methods to educate and inform staff regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- Contribute to monthly and annual financial statement reporting processes and business planning and performance monitoring.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other areas of the department in relation to routine and complex procurement and financial or governance matters.
- Extract information from financial management information systems and prepare detailed, accurate reports and analysis in response to requests for information or to support the preparation of management or compliance reports.
- Other financial and administrative tasks required by the section, as directed.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or equivalent extensive finance or accounting experience.
- Completing of or progression towards a CA or CPA qualification is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance.
The market is moving quickly, so don’t get left behind and put your best foot forward for this exciting new opportunity, just click that “Apply” button because we’re ready to have a chat!