On offer are roles in dynamic and fast-paced environments in different branches that offer varied work and the promise of professional extension.
Amongst the duties that will be required to be undertaken include:
- Provide support in the management of the planning, organising, and coordination of policy advice including management of busy inboxes;
- Prepare high-quality correspondence, including briefings, minutes and reports ranging in complexity;
- Build and sustain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and seek input when appropriate;
- Provide secretariat duties when required including organising meetings and drafting agenda paper and briefs;
- Actively contribute to the establishment and attainment of team goals and have responsibility for the achievement of specific outcomes within the team;
- Manage discrete projects as required under minimal supervision;
- Work with initiative and be proactive in completing tasks with the ability to exercise sound judgment in classifying tasks and escalating items where necessary
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Strong strategic, analytical and problems solving skills including experience in research and development of complex policy issues;
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to assist with drafting complex policy documents and briefings;
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of current and emerging areas of hearing impairment policy;
- Demonstrated ability to engage and build collaborative and collegiate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and influence positive outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage competing priorities and achieve results in tight timeframes;
- Be highly motivated, engaged, flexible and resilient;
- Demonstrated ability to meet agreed deadlines, work under pressure and operate effectively in times of uncertainty;
- A mature and calm demeanor that is maintained under pressure;
- A highly motivated self-starter with a continuous improvement and best practice attitude; and
- The ability to uphold the APS Values and actively demonstrate the Department’s behaviours in action.
If you relish a challenge and are seeking a new opportunity then please apply below and submit an application as these roles won’t last long!