A successful candidate can expect to be responsible for the following:
- Assisting with a range of procurements across the division (including services and supplies)
- Undertaking procurement activities in line with public service rules and regulations and the department’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, and evaluating products and services.
- Maintaining accurate records, including researching, and evaluating suppliers
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses and reports.
To perfect this match, we are seeking individuals with a range of skills and experience such as:
- Strong abilities to coordinate internal and external activities, including managing competing priorities.
- Good judgement, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong understanding and ability to apply relevant environmental context, legislation and policy and procedure in relation to procurement across the APS.
- Ability to perform at an APS5 level across a range of functions.
- Qualifications and previous experience in business administration, climate technology, international relations, environmental science or related disciplines are desirable but not required.
This role requires previous experience in government procurement and the ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline clearance.
Ready, set, go and hit that ‘Apply’ button to ensure your chance at achieving this exciting opportunity.