The successful applicant will provide administrative support and facilitate effective and efficient processes for the Office including coordination of queries and requests to or through the office. The occupant will also provide administrative support to the department’s corporate services areas as required.
Provide executive and administrative support to the Office, including:
- scheduling appointments and supporting meetings;
- assisting in the preparation of documents and drafting routine correspondence;
- undertaking minor research tasks;
- liaising with Members of Parliament, staff of the department at all levels and external agencies;
- compiling and distributing regular internal departmental advice; and
- undertaking administrative and related tasks.
- contributing to the improvement of business-related ICT systems;contributing to support for the department’s Alumni association; and
- helping to maintain and load information on the department’s intranet, internet and other database systems.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- high level administrative skills and the ability to use a wide range of IT applications
- well-developed organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work with minimal direction
- ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- proven attention to detail, including for the presentation of information
- proven ability to work under pressure and work harmoniously with all levels of staff
- knowledge of the functions and work of the Parliament, or the ability to acquire such knowledge quickly.
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen at time of application
- Security Clearance: This position requires a Baseline security clearance to apply.
Do not hesitate to apply now, this position closes at 10am Thursday 3rd September 2020
Contact Shannon at Elliott Gray on 02 6176 3430.