You will be joining a specialist team handles complaints investigations in relation to advertising. A legal background is desirable as you will assist with preparing legal documents, assist with investigations that may lead to court proceedings and work in line with relevant policy and legislation. You will need to hold an NV1 clearance for this role.
Specific duties include:
- Preparation and collation of briefing material for CDPP and Enforcement Committee: chronologies, background material, contravention spreadsheet.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory notices and other compliance and enforcement actions
- Identify and record evidence to support investigative outcomes, including possible compliance actions, criminal prosecutions and/or civil proceedings.
- Draft and issue official correspondence in accordance with relevant Government policy and legislation.
- Maintain sound records and information management approaches and contribute to procedures and systems development.
This position sits within a team that is tasked with safeguarding the importation of therapeutic goods. Your close attention to detail and previous experience working in a regulatory environment will see you succeed in this role. With strong written and verbal communication skills, you are able to analyse and problem solve to achieve best outcomes. A baseline clearance is mandatory for this role.
Some duties involve:
- Conduct research from a diverse range of sources, undertake systematic analysis and draw conclusions based on evidence
- Establish clear plans and actions for prioritising, progressing and finalising compliance matters in accordance with Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and departmental policy.
- Progress and finalise compliance matters, including documenting actions in the RIES case management system, and undertaking records management functions in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintain an awareness of developing compliance issues and keep others well informed on issues that may affect the section and it’s work.
- Prepare and/or quality assure general correspondence and compliance documentation
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify areas of improvement and contribute to the development of procedures
Both roles are 12 month labour hire contracts with APS5 equivalent pay rates + 25% casual loading.
These opportunities won’t last long! Hit the “apply” button below before they go! If you'd like more information, please give Tammy Tong a call on: 0411 703 930.